We offer ophthalmology services ranging from common check-up and glasses prescription to complex treatments including retinal diseases and ocular cancer treatment.
In Brazil we don’t have optometry like in the United States and some European countries, so Brazilian ophthalmologists also provide the “refraction” exam, that is the prescription of glasses and contact lenses to correct myopia, hypermetropy and astigmatism.
A list of treatments we provide include:
General Ophthalmology and refraction (annual check-up and glasses prescription)
- Geriatric Ophthalmology
- Cataract surgery
- Cornea diseases (Keratoconus, Corneal ulcers, Corneal infection diseases – herpes)
- Uveitis (Intra-ocular inflammation – Autoimmune and infectious uveitis – Lupus, Vogt-Koyanagi-Harada, etc & Toxoplasmosis, Citomegalovírus, HIV, Sarcoidosis, Tuberculosis, Toxocariasis, etc))
- Retina diseases (Ocular diabetes, Macular Edema, Macular degeneration, Vascular abnormalities – vein and artery obstructions)
- Ocular Oncology and ocular tumours – Benign tumours and ocular cancers such as Conjunctival Melanoma, Carcinomas, Nevus, Vasoproliferative tumours, ocular metastasis. Braquitherapy treatment.
- Glaucoma (high intra ocular pressure)
- Refractive surgery (laser surgery to treat miopia and astigmatism)
- Ocular Allergies (Conjuntivite alérgica, Conjuntivite primaveril)
- Dry eyes
- GVHD (graft versus host disease in bone marrow transplant)